Thursday, January 24, 2013

Widgets

Matchbook Mint

This is a project from quite some time ago that has been lurking on my hard drive. It's a super simple and really cute way to package a mint.

Sometimes I have a hard time coming up with something that is small, 3D, and cute that my Make and Take guests will like. Well while I was on my last cruise I received a really cute little matchbook with a mint in it as one of our Fish Extender gifts. I just thought this was the cutest thing on earth! So I had to make my own version, and it was a quick and cute project for the Make and Take.


These would make fabulous wedding or party favors too! Not to mention they are quick to make!
  

  • Stamps: Easy Events
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Summer Starfruit, Pool Party
  • Ink: Black Stazon
  • Markers: Lucky Limeade, Pool Party
  • Accessories: Simply Scored, Decorative Label punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, staple, individually wrapped mint.

This project is so super cute and easy I just know you’re gonna want to make a bunch of them!

1. First I cut my Summer Starfruit card stock 2” x 5-5/8”. Then, with the 5-5/8” side against the top of your Simply Scored, score at 1/2”, 3”, and 3-1/4”.

2. Fold on all the score lines.

3. Stamp the image from Easy Events onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock and color in with markers as desired. Punch out the stamped image with the Decorative Label punch.

4. Use the Decorative Label punch on a piece of Pool Party card stock. Use Paper Snips to cut the Pool Party label in half and cut off the points.

5. Adhere the Pool Party label halves behind the stamped label. Adhere the label layer onto the longer end of the Summer Starfruit card stock with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

6. Fold the small end of the Summer Starfruit card stock up, place an individually wrapped mint inside with the wrapping between the small end and the back, use a stapler to attach it.


7. Tuck the end of the front behind the short flap to hold it closed.


You’re done!

So super-duper simple!