Thursday, April 11, 2013

Widgets

Just For You Friday Mashup 104

I have another fun Friday Mashup challenge to share with you! I know, it’s actually Thursday and several days late, but I’ve been busy doing some spring cleaning and catching up on laundry. So, without further delay, here it is!



  • Stamps: Layered Labels, Rain or Shine, Oh Whale!
  • DSP: Calypso Coral, Silver Glimmer Paper
  • Card Stock: Pool Party Core’dinations, Whisper White, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral
  • Ink: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Marina Mist
  • Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Simply Scored, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon, Glue Dots, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Stampin’ Trimmer, Paper Snips, Dazzling Details, Rhinestones, 2-Way Glue Pen



Here's your Mashup Challenge:
  1. Create a project using an "Umbrella Image".
  2. Create a "Double Z Fold Card".
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a "Double Z Fold Card with an Umbrella Image".



I started off by cutting a piece of Pool Party Core’dinations card stock 5-1/2” x 12”. I placed the card stock onto my Simply Scored with the 12” side against the top, then scored at 2”, 4”, 8”, and 10”. Next I took a ruler and a pen and marked on the backside of the card stock 3” from the bottom on both 5-1/2” tall ends.

Next I lined up the card stock so that the top corner of the center most section of the card and the mark on the side were in the cutting groove of my Stampin’ Trimmer then cut it. Repeat this process on the other side of the card front.


Now if you fold the card up you get the X shape that is visible on the front. I ran just the outer most flaps and the center portion of the card through the Big Shot one at a time in the Lacy Brocade embossing folder. Then I used the sanding block to sand away the top layer of the texture which made the pattern of the texture more noticeable.

I cut two pieces of Calypso Coral DSP 2” x 5-1/2” and adhered them onto the backside of the card stock on the panels that are second from the outside.


Next I cut several pieces of Silver Glimmer Paper 1/8” wide. I used 2-Way Glue Pen to adhere these in place, trimming to length with Paper Snips as I went, to decorate the top edge on all the front sections and on the Calypso Coral sections on the back of the card stock.


Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3-3/8” x 3-5/8”. I stamped the greeting from Rain or Shine onto the card stock in Calypso Coral ink. Then I stamped the hearts from Oh Whale! several times all over the card stock in Pool Party ink. Finally I stamped the umbrella handles from Rain or Shine onto the card stock in two places using Basic Gray ink. I adhered the stamped Whisper White card stock onto a 3-1/2” x 3-3/4” piece of Calypso Coral card stock then adhered this inside the card.


I stamped the umbrella tops by inking up the stamp first with Pool Party then touched just the edge in the Marina Mist ink pad before stamping it onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock. I used Paper Snips to cut out the umbrella and adhered the umbrellas in place with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Just to add some more sparkle (because there just wasn’t enough already) I added a single Rhinestone onto the top of the umbrella and added Dazzling Details on each of the polka dots on the umbrella shapes.


Now, this card is really lovely, but it doesn’t like to stay closed. So to remedy that little problem I decided to make a belly band. For the belly band I cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 1-1/4” x 9-1/4”. With the 9-1/4” side against the top of my Simply Scored, I scored it at 2-1/2” and 6-5/8”. I folded on the score lines and used a little bit of Mulipurpose Liquid Adhesive to adhere the two ends together. 


I wrapped a piece of Pool Party seam binding ribbon around the belly band and adhered the ends in place with a couple Glue Dots.


I stamped the “For You” from Layered Labels onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Calypso Coral ink. I cut this and a scrap of Pool Party card stock with the labels framelits. I adhered the labels together, added two rhinestones, and adhered the label onto the belly band with a couple Stampin’ Dimensionals.


This card definitely took a bit of time and ingenuity to make, but it was well worth the effort! What do you think?