Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Widgets

A Different Triple Time Stamping Technique

I’m sure many of you have seen the Triple Time Stamping cards that have flooded the card galleries online. They have three panels in graduating sizes each centered on top of the other with a colorful mat. They are beautiful! But I want to share with you how you can use the same concept to stamp on two, three, or more layers and not have them centered. The concept is simple really.


  • Stamps: Creative Elements, Bring on the Cake
  • Card Stock: Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White, Soft Sky, Night of Navy
  • Ink: Night of Navy, Soft Sky, Versamark
  • Accessories: Deco Labels Framelits, 2-Way Glue Pen, Pistachio Pudding Marker, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber, Silver embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Rhinestones


I started off by cutting a piece of Pistachio Pudding card stock 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored it at 4-1/4”. Next I cut a piece of Soft Sky card stock 2” x 3-3/4”. Then I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 2-1/4” x 2-1/2” and ran it through the Big Shot with the smallest Deco Labels framelits. Now I have all the pieces that I want to be stamped ready to go. Apply 2-Way Glue Pen onto the backside of the pieces and allow the glue to dry until it is clear. Position your pieces on your card front right where you want them.


Now take your stamp, ink it up, and stamp it all over your card front. In this case I used Creative Elements in Night of Navy ink. Now you can pull your pieces off the card front.


Next cut a mat for each of your layers (other than your card front). So I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 2-1/8” x 3-7/8” and adhered it behind the Soft Sky card stock. I adhered this panel back onto the card front making sure to line up the stamped images on the card base with the images on the Soft Sky card stock. I cut a piece of Night of Navy card stock 2-3/4” x 3” and ran it through the Big Shot with the second from smallest Deco Labels framelit.


You can decorate each piece however you choose. I wanted to add some more detail to the stamped images so I colored in portions of the images with Pool Party on the Soft Sky card stock and Pistachio Pudding on the Whisper White label. Next I stamped the greeting from Bring on the Cake onto the label in Versamark ink, covered the stamped image with Silver embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with my Heat Tool. The greeting still wasn’t standing out very much so I used a Sponge Dauber to sponge some Soft Sky ink around the greeting giving it a halo effect. I adhered the label onto the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.


No matter how many layers you have you can still use this wonderful technique. Just make sure that you have a mat for each layer on the card. I hope you give this fun technique a try!