Thursday, August 15, 2013

Widgets

Clear Block Stamping Technique

I bet you have a pretty amazing background stamp in your crafting collection that you didn't realize you had. What am I talking about? Your clear block of course! Yes you can use it to hold your stamps, but the clear block alone can make one pretty awesome background pattern. 

You need a clear stamp block that is clean, an ink pad, and some card stock. That's it!


Now press your clear block onto your ink pad just like you would a stamp. 


Now press your block onto your card stock. 


You now have a unique textured background! So cool right? Well you can get even more fancy with it. 

On the one below I used an Aqua Painter and some Tempting Turquoise re-inker. I just started coloring at one end and let the aqua painter run out of ink the further I went to the other end. 


Then I just stamped it onto the card stock and I got this really cool ombre look!


I just can't wait to use this to make an amazing card! 

 
 Give this technique a try. I just know you'll love the results you get! No two cards will be exactly alike and you get such a fun and interesting pattern!